Dr. John K. Hong
- Double Board-Certified in Pain Management and Anesthesiology
- Fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine: University of Illinois. Chicago, IL
- Residency in Anesthesiology: Rush University Medical Center. Chicago, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Tufts University School of Medicine. Boston, MA
- Bachelor of Arts: Cornell University. Ithaca, NY
Dr. Hong is the founder and President of Gateway Spine & Pain Physicians. He serves as the medical director of inpatient and outpatient pain management at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.
Dr. Hong is a recipient of the Patient Choice Award every year for the past five years and the America’s Most Honored Professionals Award multiple times, an honor given only to the top 5% of physicians in the country.
Dr. Hong’s mission is to provide exceptional care to those suffering from pain. In pursuing this goal, Dr. Hong has earned a reputation of excellence within the community and among his peers. As testimony to this, much of his practice has grown through patients, physicians, and hospital staff referring to him their family and friends. Dr. Hong also lectures extensively on pain management to community groups and health care providers throughout the Chicagoland area.
Dr. Hong has expertise performing advanced interventional pain treatments to identify and treat the source of pain. He has particular interest in neuromodulation techniques such as neurostimulation to help block the transmission of pain. He believes in a multimodal, balanced, evidence based approach to pain control that starts with conservative treatments and advances as indicated. His goal is to treat each patient compassionately, individually, and safely with the appropriate use of a wide range of conventional and alternative therapies.
- Amita Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spinal Injection Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Association of Pain Management in Ultrasound